Classical Music Indy defines a diverse, equitable, accessible, and inclusive workplace as one where all employees and volunteers — whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, educator or ability — feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments and programs. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
We are committed to modeling diversity, equity, access, and inclusion for the entire arts and culture industry of the nonprofit sector, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all who engage with our organization.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for cultural equity, Classical Music Indy strives to:
- Embrace diversity, equity, access, and inclusion as central to our mission, vision and core values; and as critical to the well-being of our staff, constituents, and communities we serve.
- Acknowledge and dismantle that explores how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and develop governance best practices to address this within our mission, vision, core values, and strategic plans.
- Challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our organization, and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Practice and encourage communication that is transparent, authentic, and constructive in our interactions.
- Lead with respect and acceptance, expressing it through workplace interactions and everyday practices.